Norwegian Institute of Water Research (NIVA)http://www.niva.no/en/index
Research Director Norwegian Institute for Water Researchtla@niva.no
- Biogeochemistry of main elements, especially related to acid rain and its impacts on soils.
- Mercury and methylation processes in the boreal and temperate environment.
- Organic micro pollutants (POPs and emerging contaminants) and their effects on the eco-system and human health and links between climate change.
- Environmental policy regarding international convention (Stockholm convention and Minamata Convention).
Research Scientist Norwegian Institute for Water Researchyli@niva.no
- Catchment modelling of phosphorus, DOC and organic contaminants
- Ecological risk assessment
- Mercury methylation and uptake in rice paddy ecosystem
- Environmental policy on mercury (Minamata Convention)
Hans Fredrik Veiteberg Braaten
Research Scientist Norwegian Institute for Water Researchhbr@niva.no
- Mercury bioaccumulation in fish
- Boreal forest biogeochemistry
- Arctic research and sampling